CSW/Stuber-Stroeh is seeking talented professionals for our team:
We are currently seeking an office project surveyor for an immediate opening in our Novato office. This is a full-time position. Our ideal candidate will be a team-player with a “can-do” attitude and will meet the following requirements:
- Knowledgeable in AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Able to reduce topography and create surfaces
- Experience with mapping such as Topographical Maps, Records of Survey, Parcel Maps, Final Maps, ALTA Surveys, Plats, etc.
- Able to interpret plans, orientate AutoCAD files and prepare Construction Staking calculations to aid field crews
- Basic understanding of control and able to set up field crews with control plots, control files, etc.
- Experience with writing legal descriptions would be a plus, but not required
- Produces complex engineering drawings, overlays, base drawings, maps and illustrations
- Follows standardized drawing techniques and folder structure
- Prepares initial project setup in accordance with firm requirements
- Assists project manager in preparing initial project set of plans
Requirements for the position are:
- LSIT desirable
- Completed advance courses in drafting and AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Clean California driver’s license
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Enjoys interacting with team members and clients
- Ability to meet physical demands of getting around on job sites and in the field
CSW/Stuber-Stroeh is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We participate in the U.S. Government’s E-Verify system to verify employment eligibility.
At CSW|ST2 you’ll find a supportive and friendly work environment that encourages professional development and offers opportunities for employees to follow their passions and reach their professional goals.
Teamwork and open communication between management and staff are fundamental to who we are as an organization. Our monthly company meetings provide an opportunity for all of us to get together for an update on our progress toward company goals and to celebrate both our company and individual successes.
As a multi-disciplinary firm our staff routinely collaborates with others in house who practice different, yet related, disciplines.These interactions develop a synergy that challenges and strengthens our design responses leading us to the innovative and efficient design solutions on which we have built our reputation.
Efficient business practices, exemplary technical skills, and a strong emphasis on client communication have helped us to attract and retain a long standing roster of repeat clients, and provide the strong foundation necessary to secure new clients.
We believe that to provide the best value to our clients we must stay current with new technology and whenever appropriate incorporate it into our work product. We make training and professional development a top priority for all employees. Our skills are constantly updated and expanded through formal training as well as a myriad of informal mentoring opportunities.
But, it’s not all work at CSW|ST2! We have a long tradition of organizing fun events for employees and their families such as:
The Holiday Bake-Off: For the last twenty two years, to kick off the holiday season, participating employees have chosen a day to bake a special dessert to bring in and share. At the end of the Bake-Off bakers and tasters vote on their favorites and the winners are awarded prizes at our annual Employee Holiday Luncheon.
The Salsa Contest: Our end of the summer ritual that has been celebrated almost as long as the Holiday Bake-Off. Employees enter their favorite salsa recipes in a quest to win the “Goblet of Fire”. The tasting extravaganza takes place after work and families join us to enjoy chips, salsa, and a barbecue out on the front lawn.
Company Outing: Over the years the company has sponsored a wide variety of company outings. Trips to Monterey Aquarium, Old Town Sacramento, Auburn rafting, Bodega Bay, and most recently the Exploratorium in San Francisco have been enjoyed by many employees and their families.
For more information please check our Career listings page for current openings and feel free to email questions to Helen Coale at [email protected]
CSW|ST2 understands that our most important assets are our people. Our benefits package has been crafted to attract and retain the best and brightest in our disciplines. We offer competitive salaries and a bonus plan based on company profitability and personal performance. All employees are also eligible for spot bonuses which are awarded to recognize special efforts put forth by individuals and project teams and are presented during our monthly company meetings.
We provide an outstanding package of medical, dental and vision plans with all premiums fully paid by the firm for our employees and their dependents.
The firm is also pleased to provide a 401(k) and profit sharing plan, as well as company-paid life insurance and long term disability insurance. Our benefits also include generous PTO (paid time off), 8.5 paid holidays per year, as well as paid hospital and bereavement leave, flexible schedules and a comfortable and relaxed professional office environment.