CSW/Stuber-Stroeh is seeking talented professionals for our team:
We are currently seeking an office project surveyor for an immediate opening in our Novato office. This is a full-time position. Our ideal candidate will be a team-player with a “can-do” attitude and will meet the following requirements:
- Knowledgeable in AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Able to reduce topography and create surfaces
- Experience with mapping such as Topographical Maps, Records of Survey, Parcel Maps, Final Maps, ALTA Surveys, Plats, etc.
- Able to interpret plans, orientate AutoCAD files and prepare Construction Staking calculations to aid field crews
- Basic understanding of control and able to set up field crews with control plots, control files, etc.
- Experience with writing legal descriptions would be a plus, but not required
- Produces complex engineering drawings, overlays, base drawings, maps and illustrations
- Follows standardized drawing techniques and folder structure
- Prepares initial project setup in accordance with firm requirements
- Assists project manager in preparing initial project set of plans
Requirements for the position are:
- LSIT desirable
- Completed advance courses in drafting and AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Clean California driver’s license
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Enjoys interacting with team members and clients
- Ability to meet physical demands of getting around on job sites and in the field
After 65 years of successfully serving the development of infrastructure in Northern California, CSW/Stuber-Stroeh Engineering Group (CSW|ST2) is entering its third generation of leadership. We are seeking an information technology professional to support our Bay Area operation. Initially, we are seeking support for up to 20 hours per week, which we expect will increase to full time status in 2020. The ideal candidate for the position seeks a flexible schedule within a mature firm that is transitioning from contract IT services to internal operations.
The following are desired skills:
- Knowledge of local area networks;
- Windows Server;
- Maintenance of workstations including Microsoft products;
- Civil 3D/ AutoCAD administration; and
- Network security.
The following are responsibilities of the position:
- Provides technical support for all computer hardware;
- Provides technical support for all software, including Autodesk and other specialized software;
- Provides individual or group-based training for company hardware and various software packages;
- Manages company computer-based hardware, including servers, workstations, laptops, smart phones and tablets, printers, copiers and other misc. equipment;
- Manages company software, including standalone and network-based type applications;
- Maintains all computer-based disaster recovery systems, including backups and archiving of data and software media;
- Responsible for the organization, configuration and troubleshooting of the various company e-mail systems;
- Maintains the configuration and connectivity of Internet access;
- Responsible for hardware and software purchasing, installation, maintenance, renewals, support contracts, upgrades, licensing and licensing compliance;
- Evaluates security of computer and network hardware and implements countermeasures; and
- Recommends infrastructure to support information systems and coordinates budgets with the Operations Manager. Manages all IT department documentation, policies and procedures.
After 65 years of successfully serving the development of infrastructure in Northern California, CSW/Stuber-Stroeh Engineering Group (CSW|ST2) is entering its third generation of leadership. Currently we are seeking a team member to manage our engineering, planning, and surveying practice on the San Francisco Bay Area’s Peninsula.
The ideal candidate will be a proven leader in procuring public and private engagements, leading teams, creating innovative solutions, and providing the highest level of service to our clients. As we serve the transportation, education, civic, public works, private development and general infrastructure sectors, the candidate must have a diverse skill set.
While this is an opportunity to join an established firm, you will shape its future. In recognition of your contribution and to ensure our continued growth and success, the firm will be offering an incentive plan and equity opportunities based on proven performance.
If you seek to direct your career, develop great projects, and grow a highly qualified team, please send us your letter of interest and resume to the email address below.
CSW/Stuber-Stroeh is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We participate in the U.S. Government’s E-Verify system to verify employment eligibility.
At CSW|ST2 you’ll find a supportive and friendly work environment that encourages professional development and offers opportunities for employees to follow their passions and reach their professional goals.
Teamwork and open communication between management and staff are fundamental to who we are as an organization. Our monthly company meetings provide an opportunity for all of us to get together for an update on our progress toward company goals and to celebrate both our company and individual successes.
As a multi-disciplinary firm our staff routinely collaborates with others in house who practice different, yet related, disciplines.These interactions develop a synergy that challenges and strengthens our design responses leading us to the innovative and efficient design solutions on which we have built our reputation.
Efficient business practices, exemplary technical skills, and a strong emphasis on client communication have helped us to attract and retain a long standing roster of repeat clients, and provide the strong foundation necessary to secure new clients.
We believe that to provide the best value to our clients we must stay current with new technology and whenever appropriate incorporate it into our work product. We make training and professional development a top priority for all employees. Our skills are constantly updated and expanded through formal training as well as a myriad of informal mentoring opportunities.
But, it’s not all work at CSW|ST2! We have a long tradition of organizing fun events for employees and their families such as:
The Holiday Bake-Off: For the last twenty two years, to kick off the holiday season, participating employees have chosen a day to bake a special dessert to bring in and share. At the end of the Bake-Off bakers and tasters vote on their favorites and the winners are awarded prizes at our annual Employee Holiday Luncheon.
The Salsa Contest: Our end of the summer ritual that has been celebrated almost as long as the Holiday Bake-Off. Employees enter their favorite salsa recipes in a quest to win the “Goblet of Fire”. The tasting extravaganza takes place after work and families join us to enjoy chips, salsa, and a barbecue out on the front lawn.
Company Outing: Over the years the company has sponsored a wide variety of company outings. Trips to Monterey Aquarium, Old Town Sacramento, Auburn rafting, Bodega Bay, and most recently the Exploratorium in San Francisco have been enjoyed by many employees and their families.
For more information please check our Career listings page for current openings and feel free to email questions to Helen Coale at [email protected]
CSW|ST2 understands that our most important assets are our people. Our benefits package has been crafted to attract and retain the best and brightest in our disciplines. We offer competitive salaries and a bonus plan based on company profitability and personal performance. All employees are also eligible for spot bonuses which are awarded to recognize special efforts put forth by individuals and project teams and are presented during our monthly company meetings.
We provide an outstanding package of medical, dental and vision plans with all premiums fully paid by the firm for our employees and their dependents.
The firm is also pleased to provide a 401(k) and profit sharing plan, as well as company-paid life insurance and long term disability insurance. Our benefits also include generous PTO (paid time off), 8.5 paid holidays per year, as well as paid hospital and bereavement leave, flexible schedules and a comfortable and relaxed professional office environment.